16 June 2009

thrifty

I've been pretty lazy/casual thus far this week - nothing worth photographing - but here are a couple outfits from the weekend: I dragged Rod out thrifting on Saturday morning & found a few gems, one of which was this tunic/caftan thingy. The side slits go all the way to the hip, so I figured it was the perfect thing to pair with my American Apparel faux eel leggings. They're one of my favorite things that I almost never wear. I guess I don't have too many occasions that call for faux eel leggings, but the Bishop Arts gallery gig we went to on Saturday seemed to be the right venue. These shots are taken in a big empty space at Bubble gallery, next door to where the fabulous & incredibly talented Nathan Ezra Trimm was showing.


tunic: thrifted, leggings: American Apparel, shoes: Worishofer, bag: Hayden Harnett, necklace: Haute Hardware
I also wore this last Friday. Nothing spectacular, but it always feels like summer when I bust out one of my many Mexican embroidered pieces.
Close-up of this fantastic carved bracelet that was my grandma's (and also a good shot of my e-ring!):
top: Mexico, jeans: Martin+Osa, bag: Lauren Merkin, shades (hanging off my bag) Ray Ban, shoes: Aerosoles, bracelet: vintage, engagement bling: Van Peterson

3 comments:

Penny said...

That tunic is perfect for a gallery/art event and I love that bag and bracelet...plus, mexican shirts always make me happy:)

Nana Erin said...

I still want to see the tunic with hot pants, Legs McGee.


Oh!~ OK, I want to remove the elastic from my pink top now, that looks about 100% more comfortable than mine.

Anonymous said...

I bet that tunic top would look pretty hip with a pair of stirrup leggings (not the 80's kind but the ones that are fringe right now).