05 August 2009

happy belated

I feel like I'm a perpetual state of behindness on this blog lately, and for that I apologize. Again. I'm in the throes of both wedding planning (only 2 more months!) and 20K training (only 1 more month), so things are a bit crazy at the mo'. But I digress. The other weekend we celebrated Rodrigo's birth, and I surprised him with a weekend at the Aloft Hotel in Plano. They have fresh-baked cookies waiting for you upon check-in, so we were off to a good start:
Then we hit the pool.
Several Solo cups of white wine later, we headed out for dinner. This is one of my favorite dresses that I always forget about. I bought it from an online sample sale more than 5 years ago, and it's by some random brand called Wang. Not Alexander Wang, just Wang. Hehe, Wang.
The following night, we headed out for dinner at one of my favorite 'burb spots, Jasper's. I wore this Trina Turk number that I got for New Year's Eve last year.
Later when we got back, there was a birthday party (not Rod's) in full swing in the lobby/hotel bar. We intended on having a couple cocktails and calling it a night, but somehow ended up on the dance floor. The party was 80s-themed with a great DJ, so really, how could we not join in? There were also some bachelorettes there that were fellow crashers.
All in all a fantastic weekend.

3 comments:

Penny said...

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! It does sound like you got a lot on your plate but you look fabulous and very happy:)

Rod Cruz said...

It was my favorite birthday yet! :)

A said...

Wow, looks like a lot of fun! We just got an Aloft hotel here and it looks fantastic... from your experience, now I will definitely have to check it out!

Happy late birthday to Rod~!