06 October 2010

[haute mama] w23d1 ~ fall for it

I'm a little behind on posting, as this outfit is actually from last Friday.  In addition to the standard fare (work), I had a hair cut and dinner plans.  I don't know about you, but I always want to dress up a bit for the salon, even though I'm covered by a cape most of the time I'm there.  I went to a new place by my office, Avalon, and I'm really pleased with it.  Plus, you can't usually go wrong when they're putting Aveda products up in your hair.

I usually make the mistake of getting my hair cut on a day where I have nothing going on, or worse, I'm going to yoga or something and end up tying it back.  This time I made sure I went on a day that my salon hair wouldn't be wasted.  Rod & I met my good friend Cassie of Hi Sugarplum and her lovely family for Thai food and lots of laughs.

This is another Old Navy maternity find, and I'm really happy with it.  It's so well made - the knit is really thick & sturdy, unlike most budget sweater dresses I've encountered.  It's still a *little* warm for sweater dresses and knee socks and boots, but I'm hoping I can will fall to get here for real by dressing for it.

 dress: Old Navy, boots: Dr. Scholl, necklace: House of Harlow, socks: Target

In other news, we're leaving for Puerto Rico in two short days!  It's actually been a whole year since we got married (can you believe it?), and we're returning to where it all happened to celebrate our anniversary.  I can hardly wait to be back here:
or here...

3 comments:

Rod Cruz said...

*SWOON*

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

cute, cute, cute!!! It was a fun dinner...and yay for PR. I can't believe it's been a year...you've guys have been 'busy'!

xo, cass

The Rev said...

As per usual you're adorable and so is your hubby.