14 May 2009

Florabundance

Last night's dress (I'm in a dress mood this week, can you tell?) is from none other than Newport News. I've had surprisingly good dress luck with that site. This number was featured in Lucky last month, and it was one of those things where I set down my magazine immediately & went & ordered it. It fits me like a glove.
At this point in the photo-taking, one of my upstairs neighbors walked across the skywalk (i.e. the other place I take pictures), saw me posing, and yelled "AOOOOOOWWWWW!" I'm not sure I'm typing that out right, but imagine Joan Jett's yell in "I Hate Myself for Loving You." My friend Erin makes this noise all the time, too. Anyway, I've never met or seen this neighbor in my life, but she totally catcalled me & it sorta made my night! It definitely made me smile:
And then it made me crack up hysterically:

dress: Newport News, belt: Gap, shoes, Nine West, clutch: Lauren Merkin, necklace: Early Jewelry

I wore this dress to our anniversary dinner last night, and it was comfy and stayed up properly. That's always a risk with strapless. It has boning (hehe) throughout the top, so it pretty much stays put with minimal hoisting/adjusting. All for $30 & change...score.

5 comments:

Penny said...

I love the pattern and proportions to this dress. You look great:)

Rod said...

I agree... she was easily the hottest girl in Dallas last night :)

Nana Erin said...

Can I get an MP3 of that noise please? I do not recall making it.


I meana. OK, I prolly do. ;D

Chrystal Lynn Simmons said...

i love newport news catalog! i used to get shoes and swimsuits there for almost nothing. and for the most part, great quality.

Anonymous said...

Good call. The dress is now completely unavailable. Probably due to this hot post!
G