09 April 2009

rainy day woman

This is an odd day for me to be jumping back on the posting bandwagon, seeing as I'm not 100% on this outfit. But in the end I decided to go with it anyway. I've been having a hard time putting together anything inspired in the mornings. It didn't help that my office gave us jeans day for the entire month of March, thus enabling me to be really, really lazy. So anyway, I kind of like this combo for its quirkiness, but I'm not sure the proportions are great.

I actually created this around these Tashkent booties that I love but rarely wear. They're kinda hard to work into an outfit, but they're so unique & fab that I have to remember to pull them out every now & then. I'm loving how they work with my bag that I got in Venice. I got it at a tiny workshop/shop where this couple makes their own gorgeous leather handbags. I had a hard time deciding between about 10 different styles I liked, but in the end went with this mixed leather satchel. The ends are alligator & the body is an ostrich-texture lambskin. It's so luxe & lovely, and the fact that it's one-of-a-kind is super awesome.


top: American Apparel, skirt: Mango (super OLD, from when I lived in Spain 10 yrs ago!), boots: Tashkent, bag: Raggio Veneziano, necklace: 80s hand-me-down from my mom, umbrella: Mini Super

No comments: